Last modified: May 16 2023
Fuelics manages the information that we collect from you in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
By accessing www.fuelics.com
.au you accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions
1. Collection of Your Personal Data
Information we collect directly from you
Fuelics collects personal data when you pre-register with Fuelics. This includes your name, email address and billing address. In circumstances where the below information is not provided to us, we may be unable to provide the Fuelics website to you and carry out our contractual obligations with you.
Fuelics collects personal data when you register with Fuelics. This includes:
- your name, billing address, email address and other contact details;
- your bank account details, which may be shared with a third-party service provider that handles payments for us;
- your billing address and your suburb for selling goods; and
If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Fuelics account with those changes, so that we can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
To enable us to improve our existing services, to create new service features, and to serve you and others with targeted marketing communications, Fuelics collects information about the way you use the Fuelics website, including the transactions you enter into on the Fuelics website your feedback rating, and the transactions you enter into on our website.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Fuelics website
Fuelics may also receive and record the following information from your internet browser and computer, including through cookies and similar technologies, when you use the Fuelics website:
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Fuelics website, referral URL, IP address, unique device ID, and web log information; and
- Information about your use of the Fuelics website, including the date and time you visit the Fuelics website, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Fuelics website the number of times you return to the Fuelics website, other clickstream or website usage information.
What other information users can see about you
In general, you are not anonymous to us when you log into the Fuelics website. This includes when ads are posted, items are sold, ratings are given to users/businesses and all communication between users/businesses.
All information which is inputted by you is visible to us. We strongly encourage you to be mindful of others and do not tolerate any discrimination towards race, religion etc.
Please use caution and discretion when posting and carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the website.
Fuelics does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal data which is voluntarily posted by you in a publicly accessible area of the website.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
Fuelics may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
User Identification and authentication
To protect Fuelics and the users of the website
To customise the content and any advertising displayed on the website
To improve the Services and develop new service features
To provide, maintain and protect the Fuelics website
Providing your information to a user facilitated by Fuelics
As required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator
As Fuelics reasonably believes is necessary for enforcement related activities
To ensure that Fuelics receives payment of the fees due to it (if any)
To contact you to inform you about promotions or upcoming changes
To contact you to administer our User Agreement
To conduct research
To expand our user base, including marketing communications
To generate data reports
Your information may be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes
When you contact Fuelics
Profiling and data analytics
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may collate information about you and your preferences, to identify market segments and use that information for data analytics and direct marketing.
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may use your name, billing address, email address and data collected from cookies and similar technologies about how you use the Fuelics website (to conduct data analytics, including the creation of look-alike audiences). We use the results of data analytics for marketing, product and service development, and policy development.
We do not use sensitive information for data analytics.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may use the following types of cookies and similar technologies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
If you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with the Fuelics website), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by Fuelics, the Fuelics website may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the Fuelics website if your cookies are disabled, the Fuelics website may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain Fuelics features.
Performance Analytics Cookies
We may use first-party or third-party cookies and similar technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Browser and System Controls
You may set your browser or operating system to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but you may not be able to use certain features on the Fuelics website which require such cookies. Each browser and operating system is a little different, so please check your browser or operating system’s settings or help section to learn more about how to delete or disable cookies and tracking.
If you wish to prevent your data from being checked, you should contact your search engine directly.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
Fuelics may disclose the information We collect from you as follows:
- Fuelics Affiliates. We may share your personal data with our affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal data with third party service providers that provide business, verification, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Fuelics website, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Research Partners. We may use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Marketing Partners. We may work with third party marketing & advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our marketing & advertising partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, you may visit their opt-out pages. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install a mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with other third parties who participate in Fuelics marketing initiatives, as authorised by you, and with third party providers as necessary to measure and improve the Fuelics website we provide to you. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- Sharing Between Users. We may share information, such as ratings and reviews about you, with other users who are looking to buy or sell on the Fuelics website.
- Legal Matters & Safety. We may share your personal data to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted or required by law. We may also share your personal data if we believe there has been a violation of our Terms and Conditions, our rights, or the rights of any third party.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. In the event that we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your personal data may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with the transaction.
- With Your Permission. We may share your personal data with any other third party with your consent or as necessary to deliver a service you requested.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from unauthorized sources. However we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected. Accordingly, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal data, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal data to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
6. Third Parties
When you register on the Fuelics website you may be given the opportunity to elect (“opt-in”) or decline (“opt-out”) to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers (“Marketing Material”), via your Fuelics account or personal email address. If you conclude a transaction on the Fuelics website you may also be given the opportunity to opt- in to receive Marketing Material from Fuelics and our valued affiliate service providers.
Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, you may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. You can click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email containing Marketing Material that we send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing Fuelics using the contact information provided on the Fuelics website. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in this way.
Fuelics reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages even if you opt out of receiving Marketing Material.
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or lawfully processed, or for as long as may be necessary in light of our legal obligations or in order to allow us to pursue, defend or exercise legal claims.
9. Contact Us
or via the “Contact” page.